A style and travel blog

Tuesday 28 February 2017


Flight: QR844
Airline: Qatar Airways
Aircraft: Boeing 777-200LR
Route: DOH to KUL
Departure: Doha, Hamad International Airport ; 7.40PM local time
Arrival: Kuala Lumpur, KLIA 1 Terminal M ; 8.05AM (+1) local time
Duration: 7 hr 10 mins
Cabin: Business Class
Seat: 6A
Date Flown: May 2016

I am months late on this one but i figured it is better late than never. 

Last May, i flew Qatar Airways from Doha to Kuala Lumpur using miles redemption + some cash for airport tax. 

Read my accounts of the trip after the jump.


✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈
 
It was a short transit at Doha Hamad International airport . The queue for Business class passengers at the immigration counter was long, even more so for Economy class. The biggest hurdle pre-departure on any international flight is the immigration clearance. It is always a wise move to clear immigration as early as possible! 


Having checked-in from my previous flight from Muscat, i decided to check out Doha airport facilities before making way to the boarding gate. It was my first time at this airport. 

Hamad International Airport, Doha



I did not manage to use the lounge at this airport as the short transit gap between this flight and previous flight did not allow me to do so.




Doha airport is very sleek and modern. On my way to the gate, I passed by a muslim prayer room. I took an opportunity to check it out. I found it to be very clean and modern.

This is the area where muslims perform ablution. I love the design of the chair, and by the way, the tap water operates with a motion sensor.


As soon as I heard the announcement calling for passengers to board the aircraft, i made my way to the gate. 


Qatar airways doesnt offer first class cabin on DOH - KUL route, but the business class is good enough


Qatar Airways Boeing 777-200 business class cabin 

The seat configuration is 2-2-2 and very spacious
The occupancy of business cabin was about 50% on this flight

The seat reclines fully flat for extra comfort    



   My seat 6A. The aisle seat next to me was empty, so it provided me with extra privacy and illusion of extra space. Lucky me  
The great thing about flying Qatar Airways is, on top of amenity kits, they also distribute PJs for business class passengers. The PJ has no designer label on it. It is custom-made for Qatar Airways


The amenity kit is by Giorgio Armani and it contains Acqua di Gio shower gel, miniature size cologne, eyemask, socks and a lipbalm

Qatar Airways has its logo stamped on seat-belt buckle and it's a very nice touch

There is storage compartment for bottled water on the side/arm rest    

view from my window


I love the safety video on this flight. It is interesting

Good bye, Doha

I love the interactive video they have on-board



The IFE selection is varied and up-to-date. I have no complaints


In-flight meal


 This red-eye flight serves 2 meals;  dinner and breakfast


Prior to departure i was served with mixed nuts and pineapple margarita


Dinner


smoked salmon


As for main meal, I opted for seared seabass with rice. 
I am glad the flight attendant managed to get this one for me. 

Tip: As main meal options are always limited, it is always a good idea to read your menu quickly and place your order before everyone else does to make sure that you get your selection. Unless, of course, you have placed your order during booking. 

seared seabass with rice
chocolate tart for dessert


The flight attendant that served me on this flight was very accomodating and energetic. She was always smiling and seemed to be dancing while serving her guests. Now you must think i am exaggerating but never have i seen a flight attendant looking so in-love with her job that every requests that i made seemed to be taken with much pleasure. She was just beaming with that i-am-happy-to-serve-you smile throughout the flight. 

omelette for breakfast



The flight was uneventful and we landed safely at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) on time. 


KLIA


Retrieving checked-in baggage couldn't be smoother when all your baggage are given priority. You always get your bags first before everyone else.

Summary:

The journey was uneventful - which was great! - and i had a really good sleep on this flight. The meal was good. IFE was up-to-date and everything ticked my boxes. Most importantly, cabin crew service that i received was excellent and it made my journey on this flight memorable. 



Verdict (Star Rating: 0 to 5)
Seat Comfort: 4.5
Cabin Staff Service: 5
Food & Beverage: 4.5
In-Flight Entertainment: 4.5 
Ground Service: 4
Value For Money: 5
Recommended: 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

statcounter